Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Goodbye Thread Mark II

good afternoon rockers another day in the furnace over here as well

Good evening all, did my 9th day shift in a row today. Started with 1 day at Epping, 1 at Mac. Uni and 7 at Eastwood. Todays was an overtime shift, leaving me with only day off. The good news is I was supposed to be starting at noon and finishing at 8:00 p.m on Monday but I got a swap with a person working at the same station so I'll be starting at 8:00 a.m and finishing at 4:00 p.m. Enough time to get to the game at Brookie. I wonder how people get rostered 4 and 5 days off in a row. This year I've only managed 3 days in a row and they always want me to work 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Good evening all, did my 9th day shift in a row today. Started with 1 day at Epping, 1 at Mac. Uni and 7 at Eastwood. Todays was an overtime shift, leaving me with only day off. The good news is I was supposed to be starting at noon and finishing at 8:00 p.m on Monday but I got a swap with a person working at the same station so I'll be starting at 8:00 a.m and finishing at 4:00 p.m. Enough time to get to the game at Brookie. I wonder how people get rostered 4 and 5 days off in a row. This year I've only managed 3 days in a row and they always want me to work 2 of them.
    Can not whinge when your getting overtime Geoff.

Just think about your last job !!!!

You can allways say no to overtime.

This week I did 5X12.30pm to 11pm's and will be happy when I get next weeks pay !

You know what it is like to be looking for a job at our ages.

6/1o/t on 1 off then 3 on 1 off then 5 on 3 off / 1 assessment center then7 on 2 off then 8 on

im not one to do much o/t though these days

Yes I did say I was available for Saturday and Sunday afternoon but that wouldn't work now following the swap as I start at 8:00 a.m. I do say no sometimes especially if I'm buggered or I have something I'm going to.
    In other news I made it to stage 2 of Transport Officer on Thursday and my transfer back To Bondi Junction has been approved, its just a matter of when. I'm going back because of the travelling involved especially to Eastwood and too many bullies and gossipers in my present area. I was bullied on Wednesday not only by a psa but a dickhead Supervisor as well. This is after doing 7 hours straight without a break, 4 at Eastwood and 3 at Epping after nobody had been there for 4 hours. The trouble is nobody does anything about it. Ive reported it to the Union and Michael said he would ask the Shift Manager what happened. I've had enough of it. I could understand being bullied if I was a bludger, but I had been busting my guts.
    Last edited by Geoff; 05-11-2013 at 10:26 PM.

What is a "Transport Officer" ???

Greg its the new term for Transit Officer, but with slightly adjusted duties

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post

Greg its the new term for Transit Officer, but with slightly adjusted duties
    Book Em Geoffo !!!

stage 2 here as well geoff i think you made a good choice bondi inst too bad ive done a couple of shifts there

Woohoo I'm part of the mobile internet revolution. Posting from my Nokia E71 at work in my meal break. I was a bit slow to take up the new technology as I am with most technology except colour t.v. I bought one of those suckers the month it started broadcasting in 1975. Had a Rank Arena, it was a good set and lasted well over 10 years. Not all programs were broadcast in colour though at first in the trial period. The first show I saw in colour was Daniel Boone (pity of trivia there)
    Last edited by Geoff; 05-18-2013 at 07:49 AM.